Parent/Tot is our parent participation swim lesson program for children, age 6-to-36 months. The class is taught in our 93 degree, 3 ft. deep teaching pool. We use a gentle teaching approach, incorporating songs, games, and group exercises, to foster your child’s life-long love of the water.
Parents are taught submersion, safety, and floating techniques to make their children comfortable in the water. Over time, our Parent/Tot class can improve your child’s physical development, motor skills, coordination, and social skills.
*Children not potty-trained are required to wear a swim diaper, tight fitting rubber pants, and a swimsuit in the pool.
This class is designed for babies and toddlers ages 6 months to 36 months.
We do not have any Registration Fees or Enrollment Fees
The total price of each session varies based upon the number of weeks in a session. (Pricing is based upon $13.65 per class for one student, and $12.65 for two students).
Session pricing will be pro-rated for students starting after the first week of class.
Level 1: New Students (ages 6-36 months)
- Parent learns water safety, back float positions and submersion techniques.
Level 2: 8 months or older (must complete Level 1)
- Child learns to climb out of safety independently
- Child learns to hold on to the wall (safety) for three seconds.
- Parent and child become comfortable with: Pull-aways, Push-aways, Free Submersion, Swim-to-Safety, and Back Floating Positions.
- Child learns to kick and float independently.
- Child learns how to Pull-away and Submerge.
- Child learns how to Plunge and Surface within three seconds.
- Child learns to better kick and float independently.
- Child continues to learns how to Pull-away and Submerge.
- Child improves on Plunging and Surfacing within three seconds.